Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Why Can't People Get Along?

Why can’t the human race get along?
Gregory Pike

Gregory Pike is not a famous celebrity, philosopher, politician, or religious leader. In fact, he is a homeless man living on the streets of Santa Barbara, California. In my opinion, he has done more to demonstrate the true meaning of love and acceptance than anyone famous. I hope the world takes notice and the instances of bullying and intolerance of others is dealt a serious blow in the United States and around the world. Click on the link to see what Gregory, his dog, cat, and rat have to say to the world.

Gregory says that he makes everyone happy and in return it makes him happy. That he didn’t do it for money, but to prove a point. What a philosophy! And from a man with so much less than others. We can all learn from him. A human being, dog, cat, and rat coexisting in brotherhood, love, and peace. He says that perhaps they should be sent to Iraq to change things. Gregory asked a question for all of us to consider. “Why can’t people get along?”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Judy! My cat, Lily, watched it with me while sitting on my lap and purred the entire time.

I agree ... why can't people get along?

Thank you for sharing :)

Judy McFadden said...

Gregory Pike and his friends are amazing. I wish the best for them.

I don't think the link to the YouTube video shows up well. Don't know how to fix it.